Thanks to Celia at fig jam and lime cordial who reminds us about this event. Go to her blog to see more scone results.
I served them with natural yoghurt mixed with a little lemon curd. Spread with butter suited them as well.
The recipe is basically a fruit scone mixture using ginger instead of sultanas etc. Next time I would use more ginger sauce and more ginger pieces, if I can stop eating the ginger before it gets to the bowl. Here is the recipe:
1/3 cup glace ginger, chopped
1tbs ginger sauce (or sugar)
2 cups self-raising flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbs butter
2/3 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 230c.
2. Grease an oven slide or pan, dust with flour.
3. Sift flour and salt.
4. Rub in butter.
5. Add syrup and ginger pieces.
6. Beat egg and add to the milk, leaving a little milk for glazing.
7. Pour into dry ingredients and make a moist dough.
8.Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead lightly.
9. Roll to 1 -2 cm thick.
10. Cut into rounds and glaze with a little milk.
11. Place on slide and bake for about 12 minutes.